LIFE is crazy. I can vividily remember the first time I met Dason. We both attended different high schools. I went to AWESOME Red Mountain and he went to NOT SO AWESOME Westwood.
My sisters have been my best friends my whole life, so it was only fitting that one of them would play a role in my meeting my LOVE for a lifetime. One night Jenny, Debbie (good friend), and myself , drove to Mill Avenue for a night of fun. Mill Avenue was in Tempe and right by ASU, so it was a place that I was restricted from going. Let me tell you that everytime I went there something bad seemed to happen ...... if I would have only listened!
Examples of the bad:
1. Our friends truck got towed and we couldn't get it out that night. We had to get a ride back home with someone we didn't know. (not such a wise choice)
2.My RAD Pontiac Grand AM's radiater blew up and was undriveable and stuck in the parking garage. We had a friends Mom come and get us this night. (better choice)
3. Once again, another car situation. My friend locked her keys in the car and we spent the night trying to figure out a way to get them out. What fun I tell ya!
Anyways, back to the beginning of the story. Jenny was a junior and Debbie and I were Seniors. Jenny was extra rebellious and really believed in having her freedom to do what she pleased even when her older WISER sister warned her otherwise! She decided to go sit in the middle of a bunch of rowdy guys... Debbie and I hung back. Turns out these "delinquents" were friends of Dason's. Dason happened to not be there because he was too COOL for Mill. I guess I have to thank Jenny for acting a little irrational that night, because I may have never met Dason if she hadn't.
We met up with Dason and his friends a couple days later and I knew there was something special about him that held my interest. Might have been him grabbing my hand and holding it straight away in the back of my friends truck. Might have been his name... I LOVED his name and thought for sure I was going to name one of my kids this name! Might have been his sagging pants and navy blue shirts he always wore (they brought out the blue in his eyes). Might have been his religion. I was surprised he was "Mormon". He didn't act like it, but he believed in it. As a young girl, I always desired to know more about this great church. Might have been his rebellious nature which was complete opposite of my pleasing nature. Whatever it was.... I knew after our first long, late night phone call when I asked him "Would you ever marry someone who didn't belong to your church?" his reply was "As long as I love them.".
The rest is history. We have been married for 8 quick years. I can't believe how fast time has flown. I can honestly say that these years have been the best of my life.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
HAPPY 8 years, BABE...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment