to a wonderful Grandma. My Grandma D (red) passed away on October 11, 2009, unexpectedly. She was 79, almost 80 years old. I thought she had a good 5-10 years left. Time moves so quickly with lifes many twists and turns. One thing I know for sure is that she is now being able to live forever with her all of her loved one's who have passed before her. She is also being able to LIVE without fears now. I know she is perfectly happy.

Words @ her Funeral
I just wanted to stand and express the great love I had for my grandma.
I have to say, she was my most favorite grandma.
She sure knew how to leave an impression. She made friends easily and was loyal to those she loved.
She was so proud of her kids, grandkids and her great-grandkids. On more than one occasion, she proudly stated this to me, “out of all of my grandkids and great-grandkids… I don’t have one ugly one.”
I can speak for her as a grandma, she really enjoyed being a grandma. I have so many fond memories of her. She loved having her grandkids stay the night and as a child I loved it too. I remember how cozy she made me feel, as I lay in bed listening to her voice sing me to sleep….somewhere over the rainbow. She was a kid at heart. I remember her at this very time of year for the past 30 years of my life. I will miss having her here to celebrate the coming seasons. I smile when I think back on the little things she did. She was young at heart and loved shopping with her Grand daughters at the mall in all the young teenager stores. Grandma was 29…….right?? I will really miss this about her. I will miss her smell, her red hair, her humor, her wisdom, her sarcasm, and her love.
I can speak for her as a great grandma too. My kids loved their Nana and she loved them. When I would see my Grandma, whether it was out to lunch or dinner or at my home, she most always paid attention to her grand babies. They really did bring out her fun and happy personal;ity. She would sit and play games and sing to them. I can remember watching her with them and thinking to myself….”this is what I love about my Grandma”. When I found out the sad news, my kids were so concerned. Davin, my 5 year old, looked at me as I was crying and said to me…. “Mom, I feel like crying.” Madison, my 7 year old, also expressed to me her sadness at Nanna’s death.
I will miss my Grandma for a life time. I feel peace knowing that she is in heaven with our maker. My very last conversations with her were very spiritual, maybe she knew life here on earth was coming to a close. I am happy to think, just as my Dad said to me Yesterday…… Grandma is up there living life to the fullest, care free and doing everything she always wanted to do, but was too afraid. I will carry her spirit with me forever.
I love you Grandma.
I have to say, she was my most favorite grandma.
She sure knew how to leave an impression. She made friends easily and was loyal to those she loved.
She was so proud of her kids, grandkids and her great-grandkids. On more than one occasion, she proudly stated this to me, “out of all of my grandkids and great-grandkids… I don’t have one ugly one.”
I can speak for her as a grandma, she really enjoyed being a grandma. I have so many fond memories of her. She loved having her grandkids stay the night and as a child I loved it too. I remember how cozy she made me feel, as I lay in bed listening to her voice sing me to sleep….somewhere over the rainbow. She was a kid at heart. I remember her at this very time of year for the past 30 years of my life. I will miss having her here to celebrate the coming seasons. I smile when I think back on the little things she did. She was young at heart and loved shopping with her Grand daughters at the mall in all the young teenager stores. Grandma was 29…….right?? I will really miss this about her. I will miss her smell, her red hair, her humor, her wisdom, her sarcasm, and her love.
I can speak for her as a great grandma too. My kids loved their Nana and she loved them. When I would see my Grandma, whether it was out to lunch or dinner or at my home, she most always paid attention to her grand babies. They really did bring out her fun and happy personal;ity. She would sit and play games and sing to them. I can remember watching her with them and thinking to myself….”this is what I love about my Grandma”. When I found out the sad news, my kids were so concerned. Davin, my 5 year old, looked at me as I was crying and said to me…. “Mom, I feel like crying.” Madison, my 7 year old, also expressed to me her sadness at Nanna’s death.
I will miss my Grandma for a life time. I feel peace knowing that she is in heaven with our maker. My very last conversations with her were very spiritual, maybe she knew life here on earth was coming to a close. I am happy to think, just as my Dad said to me Yesterday…… Grandma is up there living life to the fullest, care free and doing everything she always wanted to do, but was too afraid. I will carry her spirit with me forever.
I love you Grandma.






1 comments:
What a sweet tribute to your Grandma, Danelle. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Big Hugs!
Post a Comment