Wednesday, January 14, 2009

a WiSH...

Life is so interesting. It never seems to be as cookie cutter like as we wish it were. I married my sweetheart 8 years ago and gained an amazing father in law. He went by many names; Dad, Dan the Man, Danny, babe, Uncle Danny, Papa Dan and Pops. He was my Pops. Today is his birthday and I wish he were here for us to celebrate with him. I feel sad for my kids that they will never really Know who there Papa was, except through our memories of him. He was a samaritan in every meaning. His life really did revolve around serving those around him. He was a simple man with BIG dreams. I wish he could have made ALL those dreams come true before he went hoMe. I never imagined my kids growing up with only one Grandpa, but things don't always happen the way we imagine them to. I am thankful for the way he lived his life. He had 0 enemies. I love him and miss him.

I have a few songs that for one reason or another make me cry when I hear them. This is one of those songs..... listen to it.... it makes me want to cherish life more.

To POPS: I wish you a hAppy Birthday and hope your day was special. Thanks for your son. I loVe you forEVER.


One More Day
~Diamond Rio
Last night I had a crazy dream
A wish was granted just for me
It could be for anything
I didn't ask for money
Or a mansion in Malibu
I simply wished for one more day with you
One more day, one more time
One more sunset, maybe
I'd be satisfiedBut then again,
I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still for one more day with you
One more day...
First thing I'd do is pray for time to crawl
I'd unplug the telephone and keep the TV off
I'd hold you every second
Say a million 'I Love You's'
That's what I'd do with one more day with you

5 comments:

Jenna said...

What a very sweet post! My favorite name for him was Uncle Danny. :) Aren't we so lucky to have known such an amazing man? He raised amazing children too!

scooley said...

I cried yesterday then saw this this morning and you did it to me again.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to Danny. I told him happy birthday many times yesterday, and he was on my mind. Thanks for more of the precious memories we all cherish! My brother was quite the man!! I do miss him!!

Janice a.k.a. Nana said...

That song always kills me!!! I miss Danny so much it hurts. I'm glad I'm not alone in this boohooing. Thanks for your great blog.

maelynn said...

Ditto to everyone's comments.
He was an awesome man and he has an amazing posterity.♥
Anyways, I am sorry that it has taken me so long to acknowledge your comment from forever ago! I've been a terrible blogger! But I'm so glad you have a blog so that we can keep up on you and your cute little family! ☺