It's crazy how things are engraved into our memories. This is the anniversary of the attacks on the USA. I can remember back 8 years ago when this tragedy occured. Dason woke me up in the morning to tell me that a plane had crashed into the towers. I simply thought that an airplane had accidentally hit or clipped the building. I kissed Dason goodbye and fell back asleep. I was pregnant at the time with our first child a girl to be born in December. I did my usual routine after that, woke up and went to the table for a bowl of cereal and turned on Channel 3 morning news and was shocked to see two buildings burning. What a sad and horrific day this was. I love the country in which I live. I feel so blessed to have been born into such a place with so many wonderful opportunites and freedoms. I want my kids to know how patriotic I am. I LOVE This country and the passion for it flows through my veins and makes me feel alive. I am thankful for all the men and women whom have the courage and desire to fight for this great land in which we live.
This is also the anniversary of the death of Dason's Dad. Our Papa Dan and my "Pops". What a day to pick! Pops wanted to make sure that everyone remembered him more than just once or twice a year! I just want to say in tribute to him how much I loved what he did for his family. He dedicated his life to his family, always trying to give them better than he had. He was someone who thought of others before himself. He was always willing to lend a hand to someone in need. He also instilled this admiral quality in his children. He was full of life to the extreme and was not afraid to express himself. He was a rebel by nature, but was spiritual and believed in the gospel. Thanks to the help of his wife, who no doubt encouraged his spirituality. He was loud and crazy! Everytime Dason is doing something crazy, I let our kids know just where his craziness came from! I love him for giving me his wonderful son to spend the rest of my life with and beyond. What a wonderful husband I have ......... What a wonderful Father my kids have!!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
What a day to remember....9/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment