Sunday, December 20, 2009

PooR Madison has had Pneumonia!

Poor girl got sick on Saturday, December 12th. It's actually quite humorous. Janelle went into the hospital @ 10am because she started labor, so Tate came over to our house. Fast forward to 1pm and Blane has a 102+ fever, then Madison gets a fever of 102+. I think "great" 2 kids
sick ..... I'll deal. I leave Dason at home with the now 5 kids so that I can go into the hospital to see my new niece/nephew born. When I get to the hospital and into my sisters room, I can tell she is upset, so I ask, " What's wrong?" She begins to cry and tell me that the on call Doctor does not want to do a VBAC delivery and tries to "scare" my sister into having a C-section to deliver her baby. I ask my sister if she would like Dason to come down and give her a blessing for comfort and peace to decide what to do. She started to cry and she shook her head "Yes". So Dason loaded all 5 kids and drove to the hospital. My Dad went out to the car and stayed with all the kids while Dason and Cody gave Janelle a blessing. It was pretty spiritual and Janelle said that she felt peace and comfort immediately after it. Got to love the power of the Almighty.
After that, I walked out to the car with Dason and told my kiddies "bye" and noticed that Vance felt like he had a fever. Yikes 3 kids with fevers!!

We decide no church for Sunday and then realize that Tate now has a fever of 101+. I hoped he would not get sick with a new baby coming to his house. Oh man! Tate stayed over for 2 nights while his Mom and Dad were in the hospital. Alright, Back to Madison and pneumonia....


On Monday I took Blane into the Doctor because he had a fever and had been sick for awhile and I was worried that he may have bronchittis or Pneumonia. Turns out he had an ear infection. That's an easy fix. Some doses of antibiotics will do the trick. We get home with some donuts for everyone to snack on and find Madison extra sick. After visits to the doctor we always get donuts, kind of our tradition.


When I checked Madison she was 106 degrees! We got her in a cold bath quick to start to bring down her temperature. It worked and it went down a couple of degrees. The doctor checked her for the flu which came back negative so she got a chest x-ray which came back Pneumonia. She has taken medicine and is feeling much better. She missed almost the whole week of the last week of school before winter break. She went back to school on Friday, December 18th. It was her BiRthdaY.


Everyone is on the mend in the Allen household....thank goodness!

0 comments: