I lOvE having and making new traditions. We will celebrate THANKSGIVING this year and the years to follow by dedicating our FAMILY NIGHTS through the month of november to creating things that commend this special time of year. We will have OUR feast the Monday of the week of Thanksgiving.
Every year since I was young, my parents would prepare the FEAST and it was tradition for my Uncle Dean to come over to eat. He was the first one of my moms brothers to make the transition from east to west coast living while he went to ASU. I remember years of football scrimages and sitting sidelines cheering the guys on. Nowadays, the FAMILY has extended to include nieces, son in laws, sister in laws and grandkids.
To the hubby's HUGE side of the family traditions.... Every year for thanksgiving his family would celebrate this holiday ALL together at Pa's house(Dason's grandpa). I had the priviledge of attending this feast for many years. There would be like 60+ kids running around + parents.... no JOKE! The pies were the highlight of this meal. They would be lined up, pie, after pie, after pie. I would guess probably 30+ pies. Nobody knew names.. we would ask names, then by the end have forgotten the majority of them! This tradition is no longer running because Pa has passed on, but we will always cherish our memories created.
I decided the other night that Dason and I would start a new tradition. Thanksgiving in OUR home with just OUR little family.What great memories we will hope to make. 

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
mAKing memories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jared been wanting to do OUR own thing forever with every holiday. You know him. So I think I will start with this year to with Thanksgiving. Great idea. I love the plates were did you get the stuff.
I think that is a GREAT idea.
Post a Comment