Friday, October 3, 2008

My sweet BOY........


Being 38 weeks pregnant and trying to get comfortable enough to sleep does NOT exist!


So, the other night I lay in bed attempting to fall asleep, unfortunately that was not happening. Thoughts of the days events ran through my head and I remembered one in particular. We were sitting at the table to eat dinner and Davin asked to say the prayer. He was kind of in a silly mood and so he quietly mumbled the prayer, then he Said "AMEN" really loud. I was frustrated that he would do this. I acted before thinking and I told him that we could not understand what he said. I could see how my words of criticism hurt him. I could see the happiness drain out of his face. This truly hurt me to see. Right now his speech is a constant struggle for him. I feel I am ALWAYS reminding him to fully pronounce his sounds. He tries so hard to say his words correctly. I tried to push the thought away as it was late and I needed to fall asleep. I knew what I wanted to do. I pulled myself out of my bed and went into Davins room. I needed to hold my baby and tell him how terribly sorry I was that I had hurt him the way I did. I lay next to him and woke him to tell him what I needed to say. Eventhough he was half asleep, he was smiling back at me as I tenderly spoke with him.


MOMMY LESSON: PRAISE, PRAISE, PRAISE. Remember to watch, think and listen with my heart not my mind. We can learn so much compassion through our little spirits that have been entrusted in our care.

2 comments:

Janice a.k.a. Nana said...

Your family is so dang cute! Thanks for the invite. This helps me to stay feeling connected to Danny.

jenn goodman said...

I'm sooo glad you guys decided to publish your blog!